All resolutions passed at AGM
London – 15 November 2012. Avanti Communications Group plc (AIM: AVN, “Avanti” or “the Group”), the satellite operator, is pleased to confirm that all resolutions put to shareholders at its Annual General Meeting today were duly passed.
- Avanti sells satellite data communications services to telecoms companies which use them to supply residential, enterprise and institutional users.
- Avanti's first satellite called HYLAS 1, launched on November 26th 2010 and was the first superfast broadband satellite launched for Europe.
- Avanti's second satellite, called HYLAS 2, launched on August 2nd 2012. It extended Avanti's coverage to Africa, the Caucasus and the Middle East.
- Avanti’s third satellite HYLAS 3, to be launched in partnership with ESA, will provide further capacity in the EMEA region.
- Over 80% of Avanti’s fleet capacity will address the high growth telecommunications markets of Africa, the Caucasus and the Middle East.