Avanti enhances board with appointment of new non-executive Director
London – 16 January 2013. Avanti Communications Group plc (AIM: AVN, “Avanti” or “the Group”), the satellite operator, announces the appointment today of Paul Johnson to its Board as a non-executive Director.
Paul is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. He spent 38 years with KPMG Europe LLP, becoming a Partner in 1988 and has extensive experience of working with companies in a variety of different industries in both the listed and private sectors. For the last 12 years he was Chairman of KPMG London and Eastern Counties and a member of KPMG's UK Markets Executive. John Brackenbury CBE, Chairman said "We welcome Paul to the Board and look forward to benefiting from the broad business judgement and skills he developed working at the highest levels in the accounting profession."
There is no further information on Paul Robert Johnson (aged 60) required to be disclosed under Schedule Two, paragraph (g) (i)-(viii) of the AIM Rules for Companies.
- Avanti sells satellite data communications services to telecoms companies which use them to supply residential, enterprise and institutional users.
- Avanti's first satellite called HYLAS 1, launched on November 26th 2010 and is the first superfast broadband satellite launched in Europe.
- Avanti's second satellite, called HYLAS 2, launched on August 2nd 2012. It extends Avanti's coverage to Africa, the Caucasus and the Middle East.
- Avanti’s third satellite HYLAS 3, to be launched in partnership with ESA, will provide further capacity in the EMEA region.
- Over 80% of Avanti’s fleet capacity will address the high growth telecommunications markets of Africa, the Caucasus and the Middle East.