Avanti Communications Group plc (AIM: AVN, 'the Company'), the satellite operator, was today informed by David Williams, Chief Executive, that on the same day he purchased 14,200 shares at 176p pence per ordinary share.
David Williams now holds a total direct and indirect voting right interest in 1,666,101 ordinary shares in the Company, being approximately 1.49% of the issued ordinary share capital of the Company. Mr Williams has a further revocable and indirect interest in 522,233 ordinary shares under the Company's Long Term Incentive Plan which are subject to certain criteria.
- Avanti sells satellite data communications services to telecoms companies which use them to supply residential, enterprise and institutional users.
- Avanti's first satellite called HYLAS 1, launched on November 26th 2010 and was the first superfast broadband satellite launched for Europe.
- Avanti's second satellite, called HYLAS 2, launched on August 2nd 2012. It extended Avanti's coverage to Africa, the Caucasus and the Middle East.
- Avanti’s third satellite HYLAS 3, to be launched in partnership with ESA in 2015, will provide further capacity in the EMEA region.
- 83% of Avanti’s fleet capacity address the high growth telecommunications markets of Africa, the Caucasus and the Middle East.