Directors Shareholdings – 6th September 2013
Avanti Communications Group plc (AIM: AVN), the broadband satellite operator, was today notified by Paul Walsh, non-executive Director, that he has today purchased an additional 10,000 ordinary shares in the Company at a price of 307 pence per ordinary share. Paul Walsh now holds a total direct and indirect voting right interest in 117,428 ordinary shares in the Company, being approximately 0.1% of the issued ordinary share capital of the Company.
- Avanti sells satellite data communications services to telecoms companies which use them to supply residential, enterprise and institutional users.
- Avanti’s first satellite called HYLAS 1, launched on November 26th 2010 and was the first superfast broadband satellite launched for Europe.
- Avanti’s second satellite, called HYLAS 2, launched on August 2nd 2012. It extended Avanti’s coverage to Africa, the Caucasus and the Middle East.
- Avanti’s third satellite HYLAS 3, to be launched in partnership with ESA in 2015, will provide further capacity in the EMEA region.
- 83% of Avanti’s fleet capacity address the high growth telecommunications markets of Africa, the Caucasus and the Middle East.