Avanti Communications Group plc (AIM: AVN), the broadband satellite operator, was today notified by John Brackenbury, Chairman, that he purchased 34,731 ordinary shares in the Company at a price of 186 pence on 10 September 2013 and an additional 15,108 ordinary shares in the Company at a price of 230 pence on 11 September 2013. John Brackenbury now holds a total direct and indirect voting right interest in 485,630 ordinary shares in the Company, being approximately 0.43% of the issued ordinary share capital of the Company.
For further information please contact:
Avanti Communications Group Plc
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7749 1600
David Williams, Chief Executive
Cenkos Securities plc
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7397 8900
Max Hartley (Nomad)/Julian Morse
Jefferies Hoare Govett
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7029 8000
Neil Collingridge/John Fishley
Tulchan Communications LLP
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7353 4200
James Macey White
- Avanti sells satellite data communications services to telecoms companies which use them to supply residential, enterprise and institutional users.
- Avanti’s first satellite called HYLAS 1, launched on November 26th 2010 and was the first superfast broadband satellite launched for Europe.
- Avanti’s second satellite, called HYLAS 2, launched on August 2nd 2012. It extended Avanti’s coverage to Africa, the Caucasus and the Middle East.
- Avanti’s third satellite HYLAS 3, to be launched in partnership with ESA in 2015, will provide further capacity in the EMEA region.
- 83% of Avanti’s fleet capacity address the high growth telecommunications markets of Africa, the Caucasus and the Middle East.