Directors Shareholdings – 12th June 2012
Avanti Communications Group plc (AIM: AVN), the broadband satellite operator, was notified on 7th March 2012 by David Williams, Chief Executive, that he had purchased 10,000 ordinary shares in the Company at a price of 250 pence per ordinary share. David Williams now holds a total direct and indirect voting right interest in 1,643,801 ordinary shares in the Company, being approximately 1.47% of the issued ordinary share capital of the Company. Mr Williams has a further revocable and indirect interest in 522,233 ordinary shares under the Company's Long Term Incentive Plan which are subject to certain criteria.
For further information please contact:
Avanti Communications Group Plc
Tel: +44 (0)20 7749 1600
David Williams / Sean Watherston Cenkos Securities plc
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7397 8900
Nicholas Wells (Nomad) / Julian Morse (Sales) Jefferies International Limited
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7029 8000
Julian Smith / Thomas Rider Redleaf Polhill
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7566 6700Emma Kane / Paul Dulieu
- Avanti sells satellite data communications services to telecoms companies which use them to supply residential, enterprise and institutional users.
- Avanti's first satellite called HYLAS 1, launched on November 26th 2010 and is the first superfast broadband satellite launched in Europe.
- Avanti's second satellite, called HYLAS 2, is on target for launch in Q2 2012. It will extend Avanti's coverage to Africa and the Middle East
- Avanti’s third satellite HYLAS 3, to be launched in partnership with ESA, will provide further capacity in the EMEA region
- 80% of Avanti’s fleet capacity will address the high growth telecommunications markets of Africa and the Middle East